When you join the IPM team you take on our mission to genuinely care for our family of food manufacturers and producers. You become committed to improving their packaging solutions and operations and producing the products that become some of the world’s signature brands. Through their work, our employees express a passion for service, for reaching their full potential and together preserving and strengthening our unique company culture. This is a place where every employee is proud to work and make a difference. So if this sounds like it checks most of your boxes, we invite you to take a look at the positions we have to offer.
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/Unscheduled and Scheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Inspects and maintains all production equipment as necessary and as scheduled.
- Operates drills, saws, grinders, welding apparatus, presses and a variety of manual tools to repair and maintain production equipment.
- Monitors and maintains building and grounds functions such as plumbing, general electrical wiring, and painting.
- Test operates production machinery before and after repairs are made. Machinery including, but not limited to, mixers, saws, conveyors, box makers, sealers, fryers, freezers, Raytheon machine, fork-lifts, separators and baggers.
- Responsible for communication of progress of repair work, potential problems and general functioning to line supervisors and incoming maintenance shifts.
- Writes up and submits to proper personnel, requests for parts as necessary to facilitate repairs and maintenance.
- Records and maintains all relevant maintenance work completed and keeps a logbook of daily activities.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside machinery technicians to facilitate expedient and proper repair.
- Makes equipment adjustments as requested by line supervisors to assist machine operators with accurate functioning of precision production equipment.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See examples below.]
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
Preferred Education and Experience
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
- Vacuum furnace and or boiler experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.