When you join the IPM team you take on our mission to genuinely care for our family of food manufacturers and producers. You become committed to improving their packaging solutions and operations and producing the products that become some of the world’s signature brands. Through their work, our employees express a passion for service, for reaching their full potential and together preserving and strengthening our unique company culture. This is a place where every employee is proud to work and make a difference. So if this sounds like it checks most of your boxes, we invite you to take a look at the positions we have to offer.
|Reports to||R&D Project Manager|
Making and testing new product samples
Duties and responsibilities
- Make product samples for customer
- Make product samples for Heat Penetration Study
- Complete Heat Penetration Studies for all new and revised products and as needed
- Work with Process Authority to determine testing parameters
- Maintain library of past and current projects
- Test new ingredients for cost saving or formula improvement
- Collect all Ingredient Specifications and pass it on to QA Department
- Provide production team with direction to commercialize products. Determine formulas, processing procedures and equipment use for new products
- Work with production to implement and improve effective and efficient procedures
- Support quality team, production manager, supervisors and staff as needed
- Operate devices to measure quality parameters of products: Salt % Meter, Brix Meter, Bostwick, Omnion
- Evaluate products
- Evaluate and record all shelf study research
- Maintain Clean Research Kitchen
Job Title: Building Maintenance
- Inspect the buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-establish check sheet
- Preforms minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacements or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tool
- Performs plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses and washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Performs painting, carpentry, and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayers, or roller to apply paints stains and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks, and handles, etc.)
- Reconfigures, installs, positions and remounts modular office and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc. to accommodate user need and maximize office space.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints in various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools
- Preform other work related duties assigned
- Ability to read, speak and write basic English
- Ability to perform mathematical calculation and have basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime when required
Job Title: Quality Tech
Department: Quality Assurance
Job Summary: •Responsible for on-line Quality Control
- Pre-production inspection of production equipment.
- Daily scale checks and set scales for accurate product weights.
- Daily X-ray checks.
- Reviews QC records for errors.
- Helps with initial product set-up on R-2.
- Setup and input date code requirements per product specification
- Measures and monitors temperature, weight, moisture, pH, particle size, salt, metal detection, and other quality checkpoints on a scheduled and as needed basis
- Performs Hermetic seal testing; performs visual inspection, conductivity test, and seal test to ensure safety of the product.
- Communicates with QA Administrator, Production Leads, Shift Supervisors, and Management about on-line quality issues.
- Documents records of all tests performed during the production run.
- Communicates needed corrections, major defects and potential and actual need for line shut down to appropriate management personnel.
- Stops production if product coming down the line is not to the specification, missing the ingredient or for any other reason he/she feels that product quality and/or safety is not met. Notifies QA Administrator and Production Supervisor.
- Prints daily QC records.
- Cleans QC station.
- Ability work effectively in a team environment. Works with a sense of urgency while maintaining quality and company safety standards.
- Ability to comprehend and safely operate production and lab equipment.
- Ability to understand and comply with all QC testing required of position.
- Great attention to details.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.